The Information & Guidelines You Need
Browse the links below to find resources on a variety of topics that are relevant to APRN practice.
Download the PDFs in the links below for APRN information.
- The Practice of Nursing and Scopes of Practice
- Changes in the Healthcare Professions’ Scope of Practice
- Approved National Certifying Organizations
- APRN Decision Making Model
- Joint Regulatory Statement: Use of Protocols to Initiate or Adjust Medications
- Joint Regulatory Statement: Prescription of Naloxone to High-Risk Individuals
- Joint Regulatory Statement: Resolution: Influenza Outbreak Management
- Federal Opioid Legislation (10/24/2018)
- ASAM National Practice Guideline
- SAMHSA TIP 45 A Treatment Improvement Protocol for Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment
APRN Consensus Model
The APRN Consensus Model is the result of the collaborative work of the APRN Consensus Work Group and the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) APRN Advisory Committee with extensive review and comments from the larger APRN stakeholder community. The Consensus Model was developed to promote uniformity in requirements for advanced practice registered nursing.
The APRN Consensus Model, as well as numerous related documents are available in the links below and at www.ncsbn.org.