Resources and Sample Application Forms for Medication Aides
Medication Aides administer medications to patients in nursing care facilities, including assisted living. On this page, you will find the resources and information you need to become certified in the state of Ohio.
To become certified in Ohio, you must complete an approved training program, submit an online application to the Board, pass the medication aide test, and meet all requirements to obtain a certificate.
Renewal for Medication Aides begins February 1, 2022
Throughout the Renewal cycle the Board will be sending renewal information through eNews (emails) and social media. Information about renewal deadlines, fees, and CE will be posted soon.
Medication Aide Certification and Applicant Information
The links below will provide you sample applications for Medication Aide certification, and each application has instructions about applying for certification, fees, etc.
- Fee Schedule for Licenses and Certificates
- Medication Aide Initial Application
- Medication Aide Renewal Application
- Medication Aide Reactivation/Reinstatement Application
- Attestation of Medication Aide Training Program Completion – Form A
Criminal records checks are required for certification. Click on the links below for information.
- Criminal Records Checks Required for Licensure or Certification
- Request for Exemption from Electronic Fingerprint Submission
- List of Potentially Disqualifying Crimes
- Potentially Disqualifying Offense Determination Request
Below is a link for Chapter 4723-27, Ohio Administrative Code, to view the regulations that specify certification requirements.
The Board of Nursing regulates training programs in Ohio that prepare students for certification as Medication Aides. For information about training programs and testing organizations approved by the Board, click the links below.