NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Ohio Board of Nursing will hold a public hearing on November 18, 2020 beginning at 1:00 p.m.
The Board proposes to amend, or file no changes to rules, following the five-year rule review for Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) Chapters:
- Chapter 4723-8, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Certification and Practice
- Chapter 4723-9: Prescriptive Authority
- Chapter 4723-23: Dialysis Technicians
The Board is proposing a new rule:
- Rule 4723-9-14, Standards and procedures for withdrawal management for drug or alcohol addiction (Detoxification)
The proposed rules are available at this link and also available from:
- Register of Ohio website: http://www.registerofohio.state.oh.us/rules/search
- Ohio Board of Nursing, 17 S. High Street, Suite 660, Columbus, Ohio 43215. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy.
All interested persons will be given the opportunity to be heard at the public hearing. The hearing will be conducted virtually, using Microsoft Teams.
If you would like to present testimony, you are strongly encouraged to email email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on November 17, 2020 so that a meeting invitation can be sent to you prior to the meeting. It is recommended that you conduct a test of this platform prior to the public rules hearing date to ensure your microphone and audio are working properly.
If you would like to watch the meeting but do not wish to present testimony, the rules hearing will be live streaming on YouTube. The public may access the November Board meeting, and the public rules hearing by clicking the following YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiflxnHvbm3yayo1dkGsA0w.
In addition, written comments received by the Board will be considered. Persons interested in providing written comments are strongly encouraged to do so no later than November 13, 2020 so that Board members may be able to review them prior to the hearing. Please send these written comments by one of the following means:
via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
via mail to:
Holly Fischer, Chief Legal Counsel
Ohio Board of Nursing
17 S. High Street, Suite 660
Columbus, Ohio 43215-3466
For more information regarding the rule-making process, please see:
The Nurse Practice Act - Ohio Revised Code (ORC)
The Board is a government agency created by Ohio law to regulate the practice of nursing in Ohio for the safety of the public. The Ohio legislature enacts the Nurse Practice Act set forth in Chapter 4723. of the Ohio Revised Code.
Administrative Rules - Ohio Administrative Code (OAC)
Based on the Nurse Practice Act, the Board adopts rules, Chapters 4723-1 through 4723-27 of the Ohio Administrative Code, that establish regulations for licensure and certification, standards of practice, discipline, and pre-licensure nursing education.
- Chapter 4723-1 Board Organization and Records
- Chapter 4723-2 Licensing for Active Duty Military and Veterans
- Chapter 4723-3 Definitions
- Chapter 4723-4 Standards of Practice Relative to Registered Nurses or Licensed Practical Nurses
- Chapter 4723-5 Nursing Education Program
- Chapter 4723-6 Alternative Program for Chemical Dependency/Substance Use Disorder Monitoring
- Chapter 4723-7 Examination and Licensure
- Chapter 4723-8 Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Certification and Practice
- Chapter 4723-9 Prescriptive Authority
- Chapter 4723-13 Delegation of Nursing Tasks
- Chapter 4723-14 Continuing Education
- Chapter 4723-16 Hearings
- Chapter 4723-17 Intravenous Therapy Courses for Licensed Practical Nurses
- Chapter 4723-18 Practice Intervention and Improvement Program (PIIP)
- Chapter 4723-20 Prevention of Disease Transmission
- Chapter 4723-23 Dialysis Technicians
- Chapter 4723-25 Nurse Education Grant Program
- Chapter 4723-26 Community Health Workers
- Chapter 4723-27 Medication Administration by Certified Medication Aide