NOTICE: The Board is continuing all operations remotely, but the office is closed to visitors until October 1, 2021. To contact the Board, go to the “Contact Us” section at the bottom of this page.
DECLARED EMERGENCY: The state declared emergency ended June 18, 2021, however for the duration of the federal declaration of emergency, the Board will continue to recognize ORC Section 4723.32(G)(7) as in effect for purposes of authorizing nurses who hold an active, valid license in another state to practice in Ohio without an Ohio nursing license. The Board further considers this statute to be applicable only to nurses who do not hold licensure in Ohio, whether that nursing license be active or inactive.
APRNs AND PRESCRIBING
• APRNs, monitor https://www.pharmacy.ohio.gov/ and https://www.med.ohio.gov/ for practice updates that may affect your practice
• DEA Guidance on Oral CII Prescriptions
• See the DEA COVID-19 Information Page on the Diversion Control Divisions web for guidance; direct questions concerning COVID-19 to the Policy email box at Natural.Disaster@usdoj.gov
• Chloroquine phosphate and hydroxychloroquine sulfate products for COVID treatment
• Pharmacy Board Statement on CNPs, CNSs, CNMs, PAs in the Management of Pharmacist Consult Agreements
• National APRN Certification Organizations – Extension Policies COVID-19 Update