Posted: October 15, 2020
The Ohio Board of Nursing will hold a public hearing on November 18, 2020 beginning at 1:00 p.m.
The Board proposes to amend, or file no changes to rules, following the five-year rule review for Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) Chapters:
- Chapter 4723-8, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Certification and Practice
- Chapter 4723-9: Prescriptive Authority
- Chapter 4723-23: Dialysis Technicians
The Board is proposing a new rule:
- Rule 4723-9-14, Standards and procedures for withdrawal management for drug or alcohol addiction (Detoxification)
The proposed rules are available at this link and also available from:
- Register of Ohio website: http://www.registerofohio.state.oh.us/rules/search
- Ohio Board of Nursing, 17 S. High Street, Suite 660, Columbus, Ohio 43215. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy.
All interested persons will be given the opportunity to be heard at the public hearing. The hearing will be conducted virtually, using Microsoft Teams.
If you would like to present testimony, you are strongly encouraged to email email@example.com no later than 5:00 pm on November 17, 2020 so that a meeting invitation can be sent to you prior to the meeting. It is recommended that you conduct a test of this platform prior to the public rules hearing date to ensure your microphone and audio are working properly.
If you would like to watch the meeting but do not wish to present testimony, the rules hearing will be live streaming on YouTube. The public may access the November Board meeting, and the public rules hearing by clicking the following YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiflxnHvbm3yayo1dkGsA0w.
In addition, written comments received by the Board will be considered. Persons interested in providing written comments are strongly encouraged to do so no later than November 13, 2020 so that Board members may be able to review them prior to the hearing. Please send these written comments by one of the following means:
via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
via mail to:
Holly Fischer, Chief Legal Counsel
Ohio Board of Nursing
17 S. High Street, Suite 660
Columbus, Ohio 43215-3466