Posted: October 14, 2021
The Ohio Board of Nursing will hold a public hearing on November 17, 2021 beginning at 1:00 p.m. at the Board office located at 17 S. High Street, Suite 660, Columbus, Ohio 43215. The Board proposes to amend, or file no changes to rules, following the five-year rule review for Ohio Administrative Code (OAC) Chapters:
- Chapter 4723-5 Nursing Education Program
- Chapter 4723-7 Examination and Licensure
- Chapter 4723-13 Delegation of Nursing Tasks
- Chapter 4723-27 Medication Administration by Certified Medication Aides
The Board is proposing two new rules:
- Rule 4723-8-12 Consult agreements for a certified nurse-midwife, certified nurse practitioner, and clinical nurse specialist.
- Rule 4723-8-13 Standards for managing drug therapy according to a consult agreement.
The Board is proposing revisions to individual rules not scheduled for five-year review including:
- Rule 4723-1-01, 4723-1-03, 4723-8-04, 4723-9-10, 4723-16-01, 4723-16-02, 4723-16-13, 4723-23-05, 4723-26-01, 4723-26-04
The Board is proposing to rescind the following:
- Rule 4723-7-08 Replacement of Wall Certificate.
The proposed rules are at, https://nursing.ohio.gov/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Combined-Rules-Package.pdf and also available from:
- Register of Ohio website: http://www.registerofohio.state.oh.us/rules/search
- Ohio Board of Nursing, 17 S. High Street, Suite 660, Columbus, Ohio 43215. Please email: email@example.com for a copy.
All interested persons will be given the opportunity to be heard at the public hearing.
If you would like to present testimony, you are strongly encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 pm on November 15, 2021.
If you would like to watch the meeting but do not wish to present testimony, the rules hearing will be live streaming on YouTube. The public may access the November Board meeting, and the public rules hearing by clicking the following YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiflxnHvbm3yayo1dkGsA0w.
In addition, written comments received by the Board will be considered. Persons interested in providing written comments are strongly encouraged to do so no later than November 15, 2021 so that Board members may be able to review them prior to the hearing. Please send these written comments by one of the following means:
via e-mail to: email@example.com
via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Holly Fischer, Chief Legal Counsel
Ohio Board of Nursing
17 S. High Street, Suite 660
Columbus, Ohio 43215-3466